The Best Nespresso Coffee Machines for 2021
Things to Consider when Choosing Your Nespresso Coffee Machine
There are many different types of Nespresso coffee machines (and indeed, alternatives!) but which machine you choose can end up being reasonably straightforward. Depending on your preferences below, you can almost always narrow down your options to 1-3 machines at the most:
- Milk-based coffee? If you prefer frothing your own milk, or having lattes instead of espressos, this instantly narrows down a lot of the Nespresso range to the higher-end (but also very tasty!) milk based machines such as the Nespresso Creatista Plus. If you don’t care for milk-based coffee and simply want a consistent, good espresso, then something like the Essenza Mini may be right up your street.
- Custom / Personalised coffee? Some of Nespresso’s range can help remember your exact milk, water and extraction options, if you like your coffee a specific way and don’t want to change any manual controls. While these usually cost more, it also makes getting your consistent, perfect coffee a lot easier!
- Manual milk frother? In addition to whether you like milk, you should decide if you want to be able to froth your milk yourself and have a chance to create your own latte art. If this isn’t necessary you can simply buy an Aeroccino to go with many of the base Nespresso machines. However, if you want a steam wand to create everything by hand yourself, you’ll want something like the Creatista range.
- How big are your coffees? Many Nespresso machines cater to smaller coffee sizes, around the espresso and double espresso / lungo range. If you enjoy a longer coffee on a single capsule, we’d highly recommend a machine like the Nespresso VertuoPlus machine which gives you up to a 414ml size of coffee.
- Do you enjoy the lighter side of coffee? While we don’t normally go out of our way to talk about Nespresso alternatives, the Nescafe Dolce Gusto is compatible with so many mods that they even include teas and hot chocolate – this could be a versatile option if you take your coffee a little less seriously and prefer a wide variety of flavours and options.
We hope this has been a useful guide to finding which coffee machine is perfect for you in 2021 – be well, stay safe, enjoy your coffee and have an excellent year! 🙂